Chicken Schnitzel with Tomato
- 4 chicken thighs, boneless
- flour for dusting
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsn milk
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsn parsely
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 425g can of tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 bacon rashers, chopped
- 340g can button mushrooms, drained and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups grated tasty cheese
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||50 minutes|
- Trim the chicken thighs and separate each in half to make 8 pieces. Dust the chicken pieces with flour. Dip each schnitzel into combined egg and milk. Coat in combined breadcrumbs, parsley and parmesan.
- Combine the tomatoes, basil and garlic in a saucepan; simmer for 25 minutes and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and cook the chicken in batches until browned on both sides. Remove and keep warm. Add bacon and cook until crisp.
- Place schnitzels on a baking tray and spread with the tomato sauce. Top with the mushrooms, bacon and cheese. Place under a hot grill and cook until the cheese has melted.