Fried Rice with minced Beef
- 500 gm best mince (beef)
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 cup red capsicum diced
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 rashers smoked bacon diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Spices - paprika, pepper, oregano, garlic powder
- Soy Sauce and Black Bean Sauce (to taste)
|Prep time:||20 minutes|
|Cook time:||30 minutes|
- In pot, boil some water and stir in the rice with a pinch of salt. Cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain and put aside until later.
- While the Rice is cooking, lightly whisk the 2 eggs and using the butter, fry the eggs as an omelette. When done, chop the cooked egg into approx. 1 cm square pieces. Set aside in a bowl for later.
- Using a large frying pan, add some olive oil, diced onions and diced red capsicum and fry until soft. Add the chopped up smoked bacon and continue to fry until the bacon has been thoroughly cooked. Set aside in the bowl for later.
- In the frying pan, add some olive oil and add the best mince and brown the beef, adding the spices (paprika, pepper, oregano, garlic powder) and the soy sauce and black bean sauce to taste.
- Next add the frozen peas and frozen corn and continue to stir for a few minutes to heat the vegetables.
- Return the onion, capsicum, bacon and egg to the frying pan and stir into the mince. Lastly add the cooked rice, stirring thoroughly. Heat for a further 5 minutes (or until all ingredients have been re-warmed).