Steak with pepper and orange sauce
- 4 large porterhouse steaks
- (ask your butcher to cut the steaks about 5cm thick)
- 1 tbsp cracked black peppercorns
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup cream
- 15g butter
|Prep time:||20 min|
|Cook time:||25 min|
- Preheat oven to 200C Roll the steaks in black pepper and 1 Tablespoon salt. Drizzle with olive oil. Press on firmly. Brush a large frying pan with oil and place on high heat.
- Add steaks and garlic, and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Transfer steaks to a baking dish and place in the oven. Bake for 7-8 minutes for medium. Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil and rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, put brandy, orange juice and cream in frying pan. Turn heat up and bring to the boil. Cook until liquid is reduced by half. Remove from heat, add butter and whisk until melted. Pour into a gravy boat and serve with the steaks.